The freelance graphic designer will have a rare opportunity to work on the second edition of Tatreez & Tea: Embroidery and Storytelling in the Palestinian Diaspora set to be released by the end of 2017. This is a passion project founded and led by Wafa Ghnaim, and is a self-funded, self-published endeavor.
- Design the second edition of Tatreez & Tea; one version for Amazon's print on demand and one for regular printing press (does not include the book cover).
- Assist in minor photo editing.
- Collaborate with the author on all creative aspects.
- Rapidly respond to email requests.
- Passion for Palestinian artistry and preserving traditions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field preferred
- Some basic understanding of Arabic is a plus
- Must have very strong attention to detail
- Should be available to rapidly respond to emails on the evening and weekends August - December
- Strong visual skills including color sense, eye for typography and image selection or creation
- Experience in designing for Amazon's KDP print on demand service, or able to fulfill the requirements
Please email Wafa Ghnaim, firstname.lastname@example.org, with; - Resume - Cover letter - Link to your portfolio - Mock up sample of the Tatreez & Tea table of contents and a chapter page, available here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L7KT7GO
A small stipend is available. I will also link your portfolio and list your name on the book website, Amazon, and in the book acknowledgements to ensure you gain as much exposure for your work as possible.
Applications due by June 5, 2017.